Freelance Resume Writer jobs
Spread all over the world, our resume writers are rooted in a passion for empowering others. Whether it means editing cover letters from the Swahili beaches of Mombasa, Kenya, or formatting resumes from the comfort of home in New York, our Freelance Resume Writer jobs provides a unique opportunity to work from anywhere in the world, while maintaining a stable and rewarding job.
EssayPesa is a top resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile writing firm that works with driven applicants across all major sectors. We are looking for freelance resume writers to join our team on a project basis.
We approach our work with radical empathy and expect all of our teammates, from customer care to design, to do the same. Our dream resume writers are thorough, compassionate, and independent individuals with a ken eye for detail and big heart for helping others. Our freelance resume writer jobs allows you to work remotely with limited supervision. Your workload will vary from week to week, but you can expect to take on 1-3 projects per week to start.
About the Role
- Work with who you want, when you want: you’ll select your clients and work with them to craft their new resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles
- Navigate our platform, designed by writers for writers, to communicate with clients, writer support staff, and find any and all resources you may need to be successful
- Work as much or as little as you’d like: create your own schedule with a minimum of 3 completed orders per month
What you’ll be doing
- Review career questionnaires and additional documents provided by clients
- Prepare follow-up questions to gain a strong understanding of client backgrounds and career goals
- Conduct hour-long initial phone consultations and 30-minute follow-up calls as needed
- Leverage information gathered to write high-quality resumes, cover letters, and/or LinkedIn profiles that meet strict writing standards
- Edit documents as requested based on feedback from the client and/or our team
- Must have previous experience in writing and editing resumes and LinkedIn profiles.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution
- Must be customer service, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) and National Certified Resume Writers (NCRW) certification is preferred, but not required.
Excellent business writing skills and attention to detail
Strong research skills and interviewing ability
Ability to meet deadlines and respond to all client communications within 24 hours
Excellent email/phone etiquette and customer service skills
Ability to effectively interact with senior-level executives and maintain 100% confidentiality
Impeccable knowledge of English grammar (written and spoken)
- You must have access to a computer and the Internet.
- Expert in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, patience, data organization, and critical thinking skills required.
- Journalism, consulting, or writing background
- Professional experience working for a top corporation
- Familiarity with the recruitment industry and applicant tracking systems
Typically, there are no phone interactions with clients, but just incase, if customers requests a phone consultation, you get compensated for the time.
Freelance resume writer jobs earnings are based on hours worked, level of work completed, and the number of words written each day. Join hundreds of freelance resume writers who work with Essaypesa to help individuals get jobs faster.
Please apply here: We’ll get in touch ASAP (today or tomorrow) if you look like a good fit.