Freelance editing and proofreading jobs
Interested in working with a team of world-class research experts? Want to contribute to a growing international publications industry? Join the expert editors and proofreaders at EssayPesa and start making your mark today.
EssayPesa, an international English writing and editing company, is seeking qualified and experienced freelance editors to join our team of qualified editing and proofreading professionals. Whether it’s a research article, dissertation, thesis, or admissions essay, we aim to preserve an author’s voice and underlying message while revising the more technical and organizational aspects of that author’s writing. To achieve this goal, we require outstanding and intuitive editors and proofreaders who are willing to work with us and grow to meet the specific needs of our ESL clients.
Why edit with EssayPesa?
– Freedom and flexibility: Although we have fixed due dates, our freelance editors and proofreaders can work from any location with access to stable internet and Microsoft Word and are free to designate their own availability and the workload they can handle. Compensation is based on document word count and the turnaround time specified by clients. Available work is assigned based on suitable background experience and availability, and we have deadlines that range from nine hours to one week, depending on the size and type of the document, as well as on our clients’ requests.
– Steady inflow of work orders: Our ever-expanding clientele means more work documents to edit, which means EssayPesa can offer steady and consistent work for our editors and proofreaders. With increasing availability and performance, freelance editors and proofreaders can receive more work and receive higher monthly pay. Workload also fluctuates by season, and there are times when editors receive more orders—but we will never give you more work than you can handle at any given time.
– Ongoing training, feedback, and skill-building tools to satisfy our ESL clients: One of the biggest advantages of becoming an editor or proofreader at Essaypesa is that our QA team and clients constantly give you quantitative and qualitative feedback on your work so you can improve and learn how to work with ESL clients. Client review scores and constructive feedback from managing editors provide a 360-degree perspective for editors to assess their strengths and focus on potential areas of improvement. A comprehensive set of Editor Guidelines helps editors understand exactly what they can do to ensure the highest satisfaction from our ESL clients—and receive the highest ratings! EssayPesa offers a true skill-building regime focused on superior results that you won’t find at other editing firms.
– Efficient and convenient order-processing system: Our Order Manager was designed and built specifically with the needs of EssayPesa’s clients and freelancers in mind—it handles orders smoothly and optimizes efficiency for users on both ends. Documents are allocated to freelance editors and proofreaders by our Project Manager based upon their specific qualifications and area of expertise. Freelance editors and proofreaders are able to interact directly with clients to resolve any issues and answer any questions that might arise.
- Edit and proofread academic papers, admissions essays, and other documents for grammar and mechanics issues and ensure natural language and flow of communication
- Retain original intended meaning while making revisions
- Write marginal comments explaining some revisions; include overall comment to the author
- Respond to order notifications promptly and meet order deadlines; if you have any difficulty meeting a deadline, notify Project Manager immediately and in advance of deadline
- Reply to clients and answer any questions they may have regarding their document
– Basic Qualifications
- Native fluency in English
- Be enrolled in or have completed a graduate degree program
- Minimum two years’ professional editing experience
- Knowledge and application of various formatting styles such as APA, AMA, MLA, and Chicago
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word and its “track changes” feature
Strong technical writing skills
- A keen eye for errors in writing
– Preferred Qualifications
- Be independent and self-motivated
- Have previous experience at a professional editing company
- Have an educational background or have experience in medicine, engineering, or other biomedical and natural science domain
- Be able to meet frequent deadlines
- Be passionate about writing and editing
Freelance editor and proofreading jobs earnings are based on hours worked, level of work completed, and the number of words written each day. Join hundreds of freelance resume writers who work with Essaypesa to help individuals write better.
Please apply here: We’ll get in touch ASAP (today or tomorrow) if you look like a good fit.